About the dome
• Price: $449,000
• MLS# 5624826
• Location: 9121 CR 23, Brainerd, MN 56401
• Size: 8,494 sq ft
• 5 Bedrooms, Kitchenette, Lounge/Work-out room, Studio/Control room, Studio/Sound Booth, Vault, 2 full bathrooms, and 1 half bathroom, Cellar/Tornado shelter, Green House
• Lot size: 2.13 acres
• Lot Dimensions: 330’ x 212’ x 361.58’ x 349.12’
• 49’ Diameter Dome 1: main level is 2,053 sq. ft., upper level is 1068 sq ft, and lower level is 2,053 sq ft, or 5,174 sq ft total
• 46’ Diameter Dome 2: 2 levels at 1,660 sq ft. per level, or 3,320 sq ft in total
• Connector between 2 Domes (entry/hallway): 231 sq. ft.
• Cellar: 20’ diameter, 314 sq ft
• Zoning: Currently: Rural Residential
• Legal Description: Lot 2, Block 1, Lone Pine Acres
Outside buildings on the property:
• Four season Green House: 760 sq. ft.
• Utility Shed: 288 sq. ft. (16’ x 18’)
• There is a small pond with a fivefold water cascade in front of the house, with Mountain Stream flow forms, sculpted by John Wilkes, world renowned artist from the UK. Water Features: The flow form has a figure eight pattern, generating a series of vortices (whirlpools) which pulsate rhythmically. This action cleans and oxygenates the water in a natural, soothing manner.
• Main Pond: This larger pond is 60’ x 90’, holds over a million gallons of water and is 14’ deep. The pond is fed by the well on the property. There is a floating dock which stays in permanently and is used for sunbathing.
• Heating/Cooling: Forced Air and In-Floor Geothermal: This energy efficient system uses electricity and water (from the pond & earth), therefore, no fuel is burned and no pollution is created. Property has an outdoor wood boiler as a back-up.
• Wind Power: A wind generator tower on the property, Jacobs 31-20 Wind System, 20 KW, creates electricity for the utilities and appliances, and allows to sell the extra electricity generated to the local electricity company Crow Wing Power.
• Solar Power: Solar Electric Generators: Photo voltaic panels (2350 watts). This system features a Trace 4048 inverter that integrates into the electric system seamlessly and also charges the backup batteries.
• Lighting: Energy efficient LED and CF bulbs produce a soft natural light. The Halo Power Track System is durable and features a convenient two circuit system.
• Refrigeration: The geothermal walk-in cellar (an underground dome) is an energy-efficient natural refrigerator kept cool by the earth. The humidity and temperature are controlled with adjustable ventilation and the steel sub-structure acts as a Faraday cage in screening out cosmic radiation. This cellar is designed to allow temperature and humidity controlled storage for fine wines, canned goods, fresh vegetables, and fruit.
• Composting Toilets: A large composter (in the utility room on the lower level) offers a waste management system that conserves water and prevents the pollution of waterways. The compost toilets produce odor-free, pathogen-free compost fertilizer for the enrichment of the earth’s soil.
• Construction: Wood Frame Geodesic Dome
• Fiber-optic internet connection, category 5 wiring, telephone and co-axial cables are connected to virtually every room in the domes, allowing for cutting edge systems for safety, communications, and media/entertainment.
• Foundation: Permanent Wood Foundation (PWF) is made from wolmanized pressure-treated wood. PWF does not crack.
• Insulation: 21” Thick Super-Wall with 18” of fiberglass, creating an R-value of 66. The cellulose insulation is thermal resistant, a sound reducer, as well as fire-retardant and pest resistant.
• Exterior and Interior: Cedar
• Flooring: Native red oaks and other hardwoods harvested from the area.
• Roof: Asphalt Shingles
• Skylights: Triple-Pane with a low “E” coating and argon gas options
• Decking: 671 sq ft, made with recycled plastic lumber (Trex) which will not rot, sliver or crack and contains a UV inhibitor. The deck offers beautiful and peaceful area for playing, dining and socializing, overlooking the main pond.
• Ceiling: Thermal Ceiling Tiles supply a thermal resistance (R- Factor) of 4.55 per inch. Ceiling Height: 8’ to Open
• Garage: Garage Door (8’H x 10’W), space for 4 cars, area of 1660 sq ft
• Utility room/workshop area in the garage area
• Parking: 10 Paved Parking Spaces
• Frontage: 330’ along CR 23
• There is an apple tree and many raspberry bushes on the property. Most of the handcrafted furniture (log beds) and other items will stay. Enjoy this as a home and/or business. Property has so many possibilities for its use! It’s located within 5 miles from Moose Lake, 1.5 hours from the Twin Cities & 1 hour from Duluth. Feel free to call with any questions or to set up your private viewing.
• The domes are located less than a mile from 2 lakes with public access and great fishing: South Long Lake, and Upper South Long Lake. There are over 20 golf courses, and over 80 restaurants within a 30 minutes drive area. You have an ATV/snowmobiling trail right off your front door and easy access to state trails, including the famous Paul Bunyan trail.
• Built by: Natural Spaces Domes (visit www.NaturalSpacesDomes.com for additional information on geodesic domes).
• See the Pins of this eco geodesic dome home in Pinterest